Do you have a magnetic mindset? Are others drawn to you? As we define it, a magnetic mindset is one that attracts others. But attracting others is not all there is to being magnetic.
People with a magnetic mindset are rich in many ways. They have discovered how to do what they love, serve others and create a life that brings them happiness. You can increase your own magnetism if you focus and take action on the key magnetic mindset principles that will enhance both your personal and professional lives.
1. Follow Your Passion - Live your life with passion by pursuing areas that you love. You will find true happiness and bliss if you spend your days pursuing what really matters to you.
2. Invest In Yourself - Your personal and professional development should be a lifetime process. Changing your mind and developing your skills is the one thing that will always pay dividends. Continue to sharpen “your ax” so that you are able to address and handle new situations and challenges.
3. Maintain Your Health – It’s not enough to develop your mind and attitude, if you fail to honor and take care of your body. Create a healthy lifestyle that promotes a strong body and spirit.
4. Focus On Relationships – People make a difference in your life and you can make a difference in the lives of others. Choosing the right relationships and nurturing those relationships will pay dividends. Whether they’re business or personal relationships, your life is enriched by the people that you surround yourself with and the depth of the experiences you share.
5. Serve A Higher Purpose – What’s your purpose for being? How can you make a difference in the world? Whether it’s through a calling to your religion or serving others, find out how your life and work can make a difference. Determine your personal vision.
6. Have The Right Attitude – This is the granddaddy of all the principles. By being open to the world around you, you can see the possibilities instead of the roadblocks. With the right attitude, you will have the self-confidence to be the best you.
7. Be Different – To be different, you need to think differently. Find ways that set you and your work apart. Success and wealth come to those that are able to distinguish themselves.
8. Embrace Change – It’s not enough to accept change. You must embrace change because it is a constant. How can you use change to seize new opportunities? What changes can you make to improve yourself?
9. Stop Doing What You Hate – It’s not enough to figure out what you love, you must also figure out what you don’t enjoy. Determine those activities or jobs that pull you down. Once you’ve identified them, figure out ways to eliminate, outsource or delegate the things that you don’t want to do.
10. Set And Achieve Goals – It’s important to know what you want to achieve so that you can develop a plan to make your goals a reality. Take the time to articulate and write out your goals for all areas of your life. Once written, you must follow a disciplined process to reach your goals.
11. Be Present – In your life, “you must be present to win.” In other words, you have to engage with the here and now, whatever that might be. Make the best of where you are and what you are doing. Don’t wait on the sidelines of life. Jump in and participate.
12. Don’t Focus On The Money – Money is not the answer. If you focus on money, you will lose site of what’s important. Money will follow passion and hard work. In his research, Peter Lynch interviewed 5,000 millionaires and found that they spend an average of six minutes daily on personal finance. Focus your time on what you will do, not how much money you have or don’t have.
13. Take Action – By creating a sense of urgency and focusing on what needs to get done, you will set yourself apart from the masses. Most people fail to take the right action consistently to live the life they want. Without action, nothing happens.
14. Act With Integrity – Do what you say you are going to do – not sometimes but all the time. People want to be with others who they can count on; people that they respect and trust. By demonstrating integrity and a strong character, you will enhance your credibility.
15. Find Your Voice – Be yourself. Be the authentic you and embrace yourself. It’s impossible to be the best you can be by pretending to be somebody that you’re not.
16. Be An Expert – Expertise will set you apart. In work, people are compensated based on the value they provide. Consequently, experts are always paid more than others in their field. It’s difficult to be a true expert in a variety of topics or areas, so specialization is critical to developing expertise.
17. Take 100% Responsibility – This means no excuses. Forget what you can’t do and figure out how you can make things happen. By taking 100% responsibility for everything in your life, you will create a radically different and better life.
18. Create Systems – By creating systems, you can streamline your most precious commodity, your time. Systems will allow you to be more effective and efficient. You won’t have to reinvent the wheel. The right systems not only allow you to focus on higher level activities, it also provides a model where tasks and responsibilities can be delegated and successfully handled by others.
19. Be Prepared – In any situation, you need to know what to do. Spend time planning and preparing for your daily demands and activities. By anticipating what needs to be done and how it can be done, you will avoid adopting a “winging it” approach.
20. Get And Be A Mentor – Find individuals in your life that you connect with and can learn from. Whether it’s a one-on-one mentoring relationship or a mastermind group, challenge yourself through the experience and insights of others. You can gain and give so much through the right mentoring relationships.
21. Think Deeply – It seems so simple, but so many of us just don’t take the time to really think. You should think about your life and how you can create and shape it to serve your purpose. Give critical thinking a chance by blocking time off to think deeply. With deep thinking comes personal reflection and revelations that will help you achieve what you are capable of achieving.
22. Find Balance – The proper balance will remove stress and give you the life that you desire. Finding balance between all your interests and goals will increase your well-being and happiness.
About Will Turner:
Will Turner is the Founder and President of Refuse Ordinary and Dancing Elephants Achievement Group, an international sales training and consulting company. Will is a sales expert with 25 years of sales, marketing and sales management experience. Will co-created Refuse Ordinary and the Sales Magnetism program and co-authored Six Secrets of Sales Magnets. He can be reached at or 804-254-4122.
Refuse Ordinary Website
Dancing Elephants Achievement Group Website