RALEIGH, NC (April 17, 2018) – The Downtown Raleigh Alliance (DRA) is proud to release the “State of Downtown Raleigh 2018” report tomorrow at its annual State of Downtown Raleigh event, which is from 8 am until 10 am at the Raleigh Convention Center.
The report highlights current market trends that impact downtown Raleigh’s rapid growth and future development, and provides a comprehensive market analysis of key downtown Raleigh data, demographics, and future projections, including:
• Downtown residential population has grown 35% since 2014.
• Apartment occupancy is 95% even after adding over 1,800 units since the start of 2015.
• 442% increase in co-working space in downtown with recently added and under construction space from 2015 to – 2019.
• 46% increase in visitors to our top attractions since 2007, including 7% increase in 2017.
• Raleigh is a leader in central city greenspace with approximately 700 acres of parks and greenway within two miles of the center of downtown.
Every attendee of the State of Downtown Raleigh event will receive a free copy of this report.
The report will be available to the public starting at 10 am Tuesday from the State of Downtown Raleigh event page on our website: http://www.godowntownraleigh.com/stateofdowntown
To conclude the State of Downtown Raleigh event, a panel of experts and thought leaders will analyze downtown’s growth from each of their own perspectives.
The panel includes:
• Ryan Blair, Vice President at Heritage Properties
• Katie Gailes, Director of Entrepreneurship Initiatives for Wake Tech
• Bridget Harrington, Executive Director of Innovate Raleigh
• Michael Moore, Director of Department of Transportation for City of Raleigh
• Sarah Powers, Executive Director of Office of Raleigh Arts
DRA will recognize the Residence Inn by Marriott, the GoRaleigh Station renovation, and the Albemarle Building renovation for the Imprint Award. At the storefront level, the DRA will recognize the design and improvements at Brewery Bhavana, Vidrio, Tobacco Road, and Read With Me, A Children’s Book & Art Shop.
Pre-registration for the State of Downtown Raleigh 2018 has closed. On-site registration will be available for $40 per person.
For more information, visit godowntownraleigh.com/stateofdowntown
Presenting Sponsor: Dominion Realty Partners, LLC
Imprint Awards Sponsor: Hyde Street Holdings, LLC
Platinum Sponsors: August Construction Solutions, Citrix, Kane Realty Corporation, and Williams Mullen
Gold Sponsors: Clancy & Theys Construction Company, Nando Media Company, O’Brien Atkins Associates, and Poyner Spruill
Silver Sponsors: Alliance Architecture, AT&T North Carolina, CBRE | Raleigh, City Club Raleigh, Clark Nexsen, Colliers International, Hobby Properties, Kimley-Horn, LS3P, Lynch Mykins Structural Engineers, McDonald York Building Company, Monarch Realty Co., NAI Carolantic Realty, NC Railroad Company, Phillips Architecture PA, Sheraton Raleigh, Stanley Martin Homes, The Glenwood Agency, TradeMark Properties, and York Properties
Event Partners: BOMA Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina CCIM Chapter, RRAR, TRAOBA, Triangle Crew, and ULI Triangle.
About Downtown Raleigh Alliance (DRA):
DRA is an award-winning nonprofit organization whose mission is to continue the revitalization of Raleigh’s downtown. The Alliance enhances the quality of life and positively impacts the economic success of downtown through six core services: 1. Safety & Hospitality Ambassadors; 2. Strategic Branding & Community Communications; 3. Events Production; 4. Retail Attraction & Merchant Promotions; 5. Strategic Partnerships & Stakeholder Engagement; and 6. Strategic Planning. For more information about DRA, please visit www.godowntownraleigh.com.
Director of Communications
Downtown Raleigh Alliance
Category: Featured PR , Press Release